Friday, March 26, 2010

My Sweet Boys

Well this past month has been very interesting. Ryan asked me out of the blue at dinner one night what we would do for warmth if we lost power. I suggested that maybe we should buy some sort of propane indoor heater. So the plan was that I would stop on my way home from YW to see if Lowe's had such a thing. Well, I started thinking about it and decided that was silly to buy. We are moving in the Fall and I really did not want to add to what we needed to move. I also thought to myself, well if for some strange reason we lost power we could just go rent a hotel room. Well, Ryan must have been inspired... and then of course I did not act on that prompting... and a few days later the biggest snow storm hit knocking out our power for 3 1/2 days. Note to self: When over 100,000 people are without power, usually hotel rooms are booked solid. Luckily, my good friend's mother was suppose to come into town that weekend and had reservations that she had paid in full for. She obviously was not going to make it and so we were able to use the reservation for 2 of the nights. By the 3rd night many people in our ward had their power restored, and so we were able to stay with a family for the third night. It was an adventure, but we are very grateful that we were able to stay warm. I think I will have a totally different perspective on emergency preparedness now. I think a small generator or a heater will be something we will have to add in the future.

Well, Carter has started crawling and loves playing with Thomas and all of his toys. Thomas has been really good with Carter trying to grab all of his toys. Carter is also pulling himself up on all of the furniture and trying to walk along it. He is a very happy baby... when he gets what he wants.. ha..ha. He is a very determined little boy (wonder where he gets that??) So here are a few pictures to sum up our month.



These pictures were taken after the first night of snow. I think we got around 30 inches total.



Ryan's birthday.. some how I did not get the cake in the picture.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness...I cannot believe how big Carter is! Can't wait to see the boys! You too!