Monday, November 7, 2011

The Never Ending Halloween Week

Have I mentioned before that Halloween in one of my favorite holidays?  Well, I just love it.  The cooler Fall weather, pumpkin picking, costumes, it is just so much fun!  This year it seems like Halloween just kept going and going.  We had so many Halloween events and had so much fun.  

Halloween Party at Honda - Tuesday Night
Our local Honda dealer puts on a huge Halloween party every year for the community.  It was pretty amazing.  There were pumpkins to paint, games to play, a hayride with awesome horses, trunk or treating, and a costume contest.  It was really a lot of fun.  The kids had so much fun getting their costumes on for the first time. 



Halloween Playgroup - Thursday Morning
This year I volunteered to put on the Halloween Playgroup party.  It was fun trying to come up with inexpensive ideas to entertain the kids.  It was so much fun watching the kids play together in their costumes.  We had a pumpkin decorating station, a pumpkin/mummy bowling game, spider bucket toss, and a pumpkin can toss.  The kids also got to decorate a little green monster and eat some festive snacks.  I wish I would have gotten more picture of the games and food, but it was all sort of crazy.  







Trick or Treating/ Dancing at Eastwood - Thursday Night
We went with a group of people to Eastwood (an outdoor mall) to go trick or treating.  There was quite a lot of people there, but it was still a lot of fun.  After we made it around to all of the stores, we headed over to the center of the mall where they had a DJ and a dance floor.  Thomas was excited to get up and start dancing.  It was so fun to watch all of the kids dance together.  They seriously danced for over an hour I think.  I eventually had to drag Thomas and Carter off the dance floor when it was time to go home.
Waiting for Thomas to get home from school so we could go to Eastwood.

It took them a while to get down the trick or treating at stores concept.

Carter's Dancing Face.

Thomas was really showing off some of his moves.


I think this is such a cute picture of Thomas' friend, Reagan, dancing.

Thomas, Reagan, and Lily.

S3 Halloween Party: Friday Night
The MBA school has an organization called S3 (Spartan's Spouses and Significant Others).  It is basically a support group for all the wives and families of MBA students.  This year, I was asked to be one of the co-chairs and was responsible for planning the Little Spartan's Halloween Party.  It was extremely easy to plan because I had all the games and activities from our Playgroup party.  We added a piñata and actually got to order the food (rather than me making it all).  Last year, Thomas saw a picture of us on his first Halloween.  Ryan and I actually dressed up that year and Thomas thought that was really cool.  He begged us last year to dress up, but we never did (I know we are terrible).  Well, we decided to dress up for the S3 party.  It was really fun to hear the kids reactions.  Carter could not stop saying, "Vampire daddy?"  It was really cute to see how excited they were.
One of our friends brought some handcuff to go with his costume and Carter was obsessed with them. 




Actual Trick or Treating on Halloween - Monday Night
I woke up on Monday thinking that Halloween really should be over.  It seemed like we had celebrated it enough already.  Well, I mustered up the energy to give it one last hurrah.  On Halloween morning, Thomas, Carter, and I carved our 4 gigantic jack-o-lanterns.  Thomas drew the faces on with a dry erase crayon and then I cut them out.  Usually, Ryan carves the jack-o-lanterns, but since he was at school, I was the backup.  I must admit it was sort of fun.  
Trying to copy the pumpkin face.

Scooping the guts out.  Eeewww!

Love this picture.  Ryan does the same thing when he concentrates (bites his cheeks).

His pumpkin face.

The results.



For dinner I decided to make some Mummy calzones at the last minute.  The were really easy and Thomas got quite the kick out of them.  I think we might have to make this a tradition.  It is easy, quick, and can even be eaten on the go!


After eating we got ready to go trick or treating.  Luckily, Ryan got home just in time to come with us.









2 comments:

Kristin said...

I felt the same way with Halloween this year, that it kept going and going:) But of course I loved it! Way to go for organizing so many fun things.

Marianne & Clayton said...

I was worn out by doing 1/3 of what you did. Whew! All I can say is that the playgroup was insane! You made it the best playgroup I have ever been to. I still can't get over all the details, I hope you know they weren't lost on the moms. Thanks again for making that such a super-fun day for us!