Well we made it! We are officially Michiganders. Getting settled in our new house has taken longer than I could have possibly imagined, but it is slowly coming along. My 2 very active little boys keep me jumping all day. So far we love Michigan. Since it has been a while since I have posted anything, I thought I would try to catch you up on what we have been up to this Summer.
The first week we were here, we went blueberry picking. I seriously did not think that my kids would last long, but they loved it. Thomas kept saying, "my new town has blueberries... I like my new town." Carter loved it too because he got to sit there and eat endless amounts of blueberries (his favorite thing to eat).
Carter also turned 1. We had a great day with him at Lake Lansing. Thomas played in the water with Ryan and Carter and I relaxed on the beach and watched. It was so nice to just chill out and enjoy spending time together.














We also added a new member to our family, Max Nemo. Thomas got to pick out a goldfish to put in his room. Thomas really loves his fish, but I think Carter may love Max Nemo even more. Carter always begs to see the fish and says "ish, ish, ish".
This summer we kept very busy exploring the beautiful lakes and parks around the area. We spent a week in Northern Michigan with Ryan's family hiking sand dunes and splashing in the lakes.
Last week the "real fun" began when Ryan started grad school. It has been non stop work for him, but he has enjoyed the challenge. Being in school does bring some definite benefits for him... college football. We had fun this past weekend attending the MBA tailgate and MSU football game.
I was so lucky that my Mom flew out to visit me for my birthday. The kids loved spending time with her and we are now very sad that she is gone. We had a great weekend though.
Both Carter and Thomas had so much fun with Grandma. One day, they had so much fun playing "water grandma". Thomas had been playing basketball and was very thirsty, so he asked Grandma for some water. When Carter saw Grandma give some water to Thomas, he immediately wanted some too. So it became a game. Grandma went back and forth giving them water and they just cracked up.


1 comment:
So happy you updated your blog! I want to see some pics of your new place. Thomas really thinned out! Holy cow, he must have grown another foot. Miss you guys. Don't be fooled by Blake, he's as small as ever. Carter could still take him. But Blake has a mean bite (seriously Amy, my child is a biter)!
Post a Comment