Our second weekend here, we decided to venture to Philadelphia. I really wanted to take the kids to the Please Touch Museum, which is suppose to be one of the best. I could not believe how big the building was when we pulled up. The kids had so much fun exploring all the different exhibits they had. They played in the Water,explored the musical forest, rode a carousel, went through a maze, listened to a jazz band play, played in a grocery store, pretended to drive lots of different vehicles, launched rockets into space, and much more. They had such a great time.
It was seriously a huge building!
Carter was obsessed with playing in the river.
No he was not sweating, just wet from playing in the water.
Carter has always had a thing about riding "fake" horses. In our grocery store in MI, there is a horse that kids can ride for a penny. He hated that thing for the longest time. He had finally gotten to were he would ride it and then along came the carousel horse. The night before we went to the museum, we went to the Mall and I thought they both had fun riding the carousel. Apparently, Carter must have not liked it because the next day he refused to get on the horse. So he and Ryan sat together for the ride.
I thought it was so cool that the people that worked there played the cashier. Usually, it is me that has to do that.
It was a Shop Rite grocery store, so everything in the store was Shop Rite brand. It was very nostalgic!
There were so many trucks, cars, and buses to pretend to drive.
A boys dream!
Watch out! Thomas is behind the wheel!
After the museum we wanted to go walk around Independence Hall and see the Liberty Bell. Ryan typed in Liberty Bell into his phone and pressed Navigate. After driving for about 15 minutes and not paying much attention, I realized that we were not going to the right place. The Nav took us to a shopping center that was called Liberty Bell. Well, it gave our kids a chance to take a nap in the car and we learned that we should not put so much trust in our Nav. It gave us a good laugh anyway. So we eventually made it to Independence Park. We saw Independence Hall and stood in line to see the Liberty Bell.
Unfortunately, they were redoing Independence Hall. I thought it was funny that they put a picture of the building over the scaffolding
.
Thomas slept through all of it.
Of course, we had to have a Philly cheese steak before we left. My friend Daisy told me that her favorite place was called Jim's on South St. We had fun walking though old town Philadelphia. It is such a unique area.

I forgot to get a picture of the line we had to wait in just to get in the door. So I found this stock photo online.
They were very yummy.
Even the boys enjoyed them!


No comments:
Post a Comment