Friday, May 27, 2011

Our Maryland Adventure Begins!

I have been really feeling guilty about not updating my blog in so long. Mainly, I feel that this is a way for me to sort of keep a journal of some of the things that we have been doing. These boys are growing up so fast and it sort of all just turns into a blur if I am not careful.

Last Fall, Ryan accepted a Summer internship with Proctor & Gamble in their Supply Chain Operations. For a while we thought for sure we would be sent to Cincinnati, OH. I had our Summer all planned out, even had an apartment lined up. We were very excited because it would only be a 4 hour drive from our house, so I could go back and forth with the boys if I needed to. To our surprise a few weeks before his start date, they told Ryan that they would like him to go to Baltimore, MD. Oh, boy! So, here we are! I have to say I love this area. After we left NY, I really did not expect to be back out on the East Coast again so soon. I guess the East Coast just keeps calling us!

So our first weekend here, we decided to adventure out and go the Air Show at Andrew's Air Force Base. It was quite the shindig just to get on the base. We had to park at a stadium, go through security, and get on a bus that took us to Andrews. Although, the bus ride itself just might have been Thomas' favorite part, it was quite the air show! There were parachuters jumping out of planes, airplanes that the kids could go in, and tons of stunts. Thomas has very sensitive eyes, so it was hard for him even with sunglasses on to look up at the bright sky to see the airplanes. Carter, on the other hand, loved looking up at the sky to find the airplanes and helicopters. For anyone that might be reading this that plans on going to an airshow this Summer, I really wish I had brought an umbrella to help shade from the sun!!!


Carter fell asleep on the bus ride to the base, so he explored the airplanes on Ryan's shoulder.



Carter was awake in time to see the parachuters do their stunts.


The boys trying to get a little shade by the wheels of the plane.






Our little man Carter really loved watching the airplanes do their stunts.




After the show, we loaded up on the buses again to take us back to our car.


Look at that cheesy grin!


And of course Carter was full of energy and...


Thomas was fast asleep.

Since we were so close to D.C., we decided to go see some sights after the air show. I seriously love D.C. It has a very special place in my heart since I spent a semester there doing an internship in college. It was fun to just walk around the National Mall with the kids and look at the buildings and monuments. I think we will have to make another trip down to hit some of the museums with the kids.
Sitting with the kids in front of the Capitol.


We walked through a garden area that was just of the National Mall.




The kids had fun running around and playing together in front of the Washington Monument.


Thomas was trying to figure out how to get in the gate.


The front of the White House.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Your trips look so fun. I love family vacations/outings. I bet you love being so close to so many places out there right now. I would love to visit the East sometime.