One more post so I can get caught up before Thanksgiving. The weather here has been very unpredictable. One day it is warm enough to not need a coat and then the next is full on winter coat weather. The kids had fun taking advantage of as much outside play time as possible while we were at Mimi's house. This year, Carter has discovered playing with the leaves. He was a little unsure what to think about them at first, but eventually he started cracking up laughing when they would crunch. Here are also some pictures from our photo shoot with Laurel in October.
October 16 - Pictures with Laurel.


Love, Love, Love this one!





It was fun getting pictures with Aunt Meagan.









October 30 - Playing in Mimi's backyard
Right after Halloween, we switched our gears and began celebrating Thanksgiving. It has been fun teaching Thomas about being Thankful. On Nov. 1st we started a Thankful tree. Yes, I realize now that I miss spelled Thankful, but for those of you who know me well, know that I am a terrible speller. Thank goodness for computers! Anyway, everyday we each put a leaf on the tree that says something that we are thankful for. At first, Thomas would say that he was thankful for something that he wish he had, like a Thomas the tank engine toy. So it took some time to explain to him that we can be thankful for things that we already have. It has been such a sweet experience to see him come up with something different that he is thankful for each day. One day, when I was filling out one of my leaves, I asked Thomas, what should Mommy be thankful for? He said "you are thankful for your Mom and your Dad that is in heaven." We do not talk much about the fact that my Dad died, but it made me realize how much older he is getting as he is able to comprehend more. I think that we will have to make this Thankful tree a tradition.
This is our tree on Nov 2. I will try to post another one when we are finished.
One day while watching TV, Thomas saw this idea of making hand turkey sugar cookies. He was very intense about making them until Ryan finally volunteered for the job.


2 comments:
Hi, I love the pics Laurel did for you all! Can you please, please send me the ones of Carter, Thomas, and Meagan..where they are trying to hug Meagan standing up and the one of Papa V and Carter? I would love to put them up in my house! Miss you and can't wait till June!
That thankful tree is so cute! You are mrs. crafty, like always. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment