Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Monster Party!

October 27th, 2010: Since we are new in the area, I thought it would be fun to host a little Pre-Halloween party to help Thomas get to know other kids better. It was alot of fun planning and even more fun for the kids.

Each child got a turn picking out a Monster Puppet from my spooky box. When they put the puppet on their hand, the monster would whisper in my ear what game they wanted to play.
We played:

Pin the Eye on the Monster

Feed the Monster (Bean Bag Toss)


Each kid got a Monster hat and we read the book, "If Your A Monster and You Know It." Afterwards, we listened to the MP3 of it and then had a monster dance.


We also had a monster craft. I had paper and paints out for the kids. After they painted their paper, we folded the paper in half so it was somewhat symmetrical. After it dried, they glued googly eyes and fuzzy balls on. I thought they did pretty good making monsters!

Then the kids got to decorate their own monster pizza (english muffin pizzas). Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of them before they were eaten up, but they were cute. For dessert, the kids got to eat monster cupcakes that Thomas had helped me make.






I made monster bags that each child got when they arrived at the party. At each game, they filled their bag with a prize. Since we are on a very tight budget, I sort of had to get creative with what I had.



I found these cute bag toppers at Hobby Lobby, but you could totally make it out of scrapbook paper too. You just staple it to the top of a ziploc bag. Pretty cool huh? I filled these bags with homemade playdough.


They also got to take home crayons and an activity book, the monster puppet, and the monster hat.


Thomas handed these monster brownie pops out to everyone before they left and told them "Thank you for coming."

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow! You sure know how to throw a party! How cute and creative. I bet your boys loved it.