I absolutely LOVE Halloween and this year was a blast. Thomas got a pair of bat PJ's in September that inspired his desire to be a bat for Halloween. So we went to the library, checked out books about Bats (which are pretty gross) so he could study the part. Luckily we found a very cute bat costume for him and he was way more than excited. Since Carter does not like anything on his head, we decided he needed to be a pumpkin. I must say, he made a very cute pumpkin! Thomas kept telling me that some bats like to eat fruits and so he wanted to eat the pumpkin.
October 28: The first of our Halloween adventures was playgroup at church. They made a couple of Halloween crafts and had fun running around in the gym in their costumes. Later that night we got back in our costumes again to go trick or treating at the outside mall. It was very cold and there were lots of people, but it was fun. If Carter could talk he would probably tell you that he was not to fond of the guy dressed up as a gorilla at one of the stores.
October 29: In the morning we went to a Halloween story time at a very cute local toy store (Brilliant Sky). They got to dress up in their costumes and listen to Halloween stories from a very good story teller. Then later that evening, we went to the MBA school for a Halloween party for the kids.
Thomas had fun playing games and doing crafts with his friends from S3.
And Carter was very squirmy of course. Carter had fun eating his new found favorite thing: a sucker. He managed to get it all over himself.
Obviously, we are one of a very few that have kids in the program. Ha Ha!!!
October 30: Let the main event begin! We drove down to Mimi's house to attend their ward's trunk or treat party. I must say that I am pretty sure that this was by far the best ward party I have ever been too! The Saline ward really knows how to party! I only wish I had more pictures of the games and decorations. After the chili dinner, the kids had a costume parade that went over a bridge that was on the stage. As I was waiting with Thomas to go across the stage, I thought of how shy I was when I was about his age. One year, my Mom made me a costume to wear to school (I do not think it was for Halloween) and I was so shy that I took it off and put it in my book bag. So I was really proud to see Thomas so excited to do the parade. After they announced his name, he walked up onto the stage, turned and faced the audience, spread out his wings, and just stood there for at least 3 minutes before walking to the other side. It was so funny. Everyone was clapping and whistling and he was loving it. After the costume parade, there were lots of games and a couple of crafts set up for the kids to play. Finally, we went trunk or treating. Carter was so cute. He got the hang of trick or treating very quickly. He would drag his basket from one car to the next and then hold it up for them to put treats in it. Once he figured out that they were putting suckers in his basket, he was even happier.
I unfortunately did not get any pictures of him on the stage, but this was his pose.
Doing a Craft with Mimi
The haunted house that Mimi made for the haunted house fishing game.
Carter getting a sneak taste of all the treats
Trunk or Treating Time
Carter was determined not to loose any treats
Trying to find his favorite one
He found it... a sucker!


No comments:
Post a Comment