Monday, July 18, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Well, we actually missed the Lion's cage by accident so I guess it really should be, "Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  Anyway, a few weekends ago we visited the Maryland Zoo.  It has been a while since we have been to the zoo, in fact I think this might have been Carter's first time to see the animals.  The Children's part of the zoo was very cool!  There were so many different interactive things the kids could do.  When we were leaving, I asked Thomas what his favorite part was.  He said that he liked the bat cave the best.
My favorite was the Polar Bears.  One of the bears was right by the window the whole time playing and splashing in the water.

Feeding the Giraffes some leaves.

Look at that tongue!

Looking at the penguins.

We took a very short camel ride.  At first Carter was a little unsure, but then got excited when he saw Thomas and me get on.  He kept saying "kiddie up horse" while we were on the ride.
The children's part of the zoo had tons of interactive things for the kids to do.
They tried out some saddles.
Got to run around with a bunch of goats.
They even got to brush them.
I love this picture.
Playing in a gigantic oriole's nest. 
They also pretended to be turtles.
My cute boys



When we got home they were both exhausted and fell asleep.

No comments: