Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Update

So much has happened since the last time I posted.  Ryan finished up his internship in early August and we packed up our van and headed back to Michigan to start his last year of school.  It was a little weird leaving Maryland.  I decided early on that we would need to think of it as a fun vacation.  So we planned lots of weekend trips and had so much fun exploring the area.  We went swimming almost everyday and made frequent trips to the library.  So, even though we had lots of fun, I did not realize how hard it was being there until we were leaving.  As we were pulling out off town I kept thinking, "oh my gosh I can't believe we survived that!"  It was hard camping out for 12 weeks in an apartment with no furniture and not many toys for the kids.  We slept on blow up mattress, sat on camping chairs in the living room, and had a folding table and chairs to eat on.  I think the worst part was our apartment was on the 3rd floor.  It was really difficult hauling the kids (Carter refused to walk up the stairs most of the time) and the groceries up.  Well, we were happy getting back to our house and all of our furniture.

Ryan had several weeks off in between his internship and school, so we had lots of fun.  We went up to Northern Michigan for a week with Mimi and Papa V and then had a couple of weeks at home before Ryan started back again.  Thomas started preschool again this year.  This year, Thomas gets to ride on the bus, which he really loves.  So far he is really loving school.  We have also had lots of fun going to the football games and tailgates.  That is one very fun perk to being back in school.

The best part of all of this is that we officially accepted the job offer from P&G this week.  Ryan loved working with P&G this Summer and I am so excited that they felt the same about him.  It looks like we will most likely end up back in Maryland in June.  Yikes!  I know, I have very mixed feelings about this, but I do think it is a good opportunity for Ryan.  That darn east coast, just keeps calling us back!

So here are few pics of the end of our summer

Heading back to Michigan!


By the time we finished loading, we could barely close the back door.

Carter was such a little fisherman.  He loved reeling in his practice weight.

Thomas really wanted to catch a fish all by himself, but I think they were all hiding from him.

I thought this picture was so funny!  Thomas loves rockets!

Hanging out by the campfire.

Papa V and Carter, playing in the sand.

Sweet moment with the boys.


Did I mention that I turned 30?  Yikes I know, but you have to check out the cake that Mimi picked out.

I think Ryan had the most fun with the cake.  Just remember Ryan, 6 more months and it is your turn!
Waiting for the bus on his first day of school.

So stinking cute!  He was a little sad once he realized that he was not getting on the bus too.

Love this boy!
Here comes the bus!

Carter learned how to ride a tricycle once we got home.
They love going on bike rides together.




Yeah for football!

and tailgating!

My little Spartys.

1 comment:

Leah McChesney said...

Congratulations on your great news of a job, Amy and Ryan! I know Marilyn will miss you so much! Look forward to seeing you again in Saline soon.